New Review of STRONGHOLD film
WrestlerVic
Posted 2020-06-21 12:21 PM (#1122)
Subject: New Review of STRONGHOLD film

Extreme Veteran

(69.143.143.218)
Watch the entire film on WrestleMen TV at http://www.wrestlemen.com/tv

"My dear friend......I got your package yesterday and I have so much to say to you. Thank you really is not enough. STRONGHOLD must be 17 years old (Note: it's only 11 years old) but it is a love letter to all of the young boys that knew they were sexually aroused by wrestling and lived with the guilt and shame for their adolescence through puberty and adulthood.

To know other men both gay and straight are aroused by wrestling makes me feel a lot less alone in it. Wrestling had been good to me. I met you and most of the other men in the documentary and shared a great deal of matches and friendships with them. I wish homophobia did not destroy my opportunity to still compete. After living in Los Angeles and wrestling at Junior Colleges and at straight tournaments I found that confidence in myself that was never encouraged, never cultivated, never supported as a kid. What I was so taken with was the thoroughness of your research. To interview we gay men and our experiences, coaches, straight wrestlers, people in the streets, psychologists was remarkable."
Top of the page Bottom of the page